My gals and I are DIY freaks. For any party we throw there is always a long list of Do-It-Yourself projects. Most are small, all are inexpensive but there is usually at least one larger DIY project that we try to tackle. Tiffany’s shower was no different.
For a Breakfast at Tiffany’s bridal shower we wanted to DIY something glamfabulous. Something a little fancy-schmancy. So after a short discussion, Melissa, Tini and I decided Tiff’s shower needed a chandelier centerpiece.
So this is what we made…
Mardi Gras beads
hanging planter basket
- First we purchased our beads. We wanted to make a silver and white chandelier but the Dollar Store only had silver and gold beads. No biggie, that’s where the spray paint comes in!
- Once we had our beads we separated them by color and “broke” them apart so we had long strands. I suggest breaking the necklaces where the ends meet. That is where they are the weakest. So find those two conjoined beads and snap them all apart.
- Then, if you need to, it’s time to spray those beads whatever color you’d like. We only had to spray our gold ones so we took those outside, laid them on some trash bags and sprayed the ish outta them. It took about 5 coats and 2 cans of paint. Once you spray each coat, let them dry then shuffle them around a bit and keep applying coats until they are evenly sprayed. (As you can see below, ours weren’t perfect but it was close enough for us!)
- Once our beads were prepped it was time to get our basket ready. I had to disassemble the top of the basket and add a “ring” so we would have somewhere to hang the beads from.
- I made the top ring out of a wire hanger. It was a little tricky but didn’t take long at all. You may not need this step. It all depends on the shape and structure of the basket you are using.
- Now the fun part! Time to hang the beads. Start at the top of your chandelier and start attaching each strand with your floral wire.
- Once your beads cover the top ring, start wiring them to the bottom of your basket until your chandelier is finished.
- And VOILA! A beautiful chandelier….
Easy enough, right?! And for under $20 it’s pretty fantastic, if I do say so myself! It was a perfect centerpiece at the shower and everyone was pretty impressed once they found out we made it ourselves. Although you’d think by now they’d know how crafty we are 😉 !
If you’ve been following all week you are probably wondering ‘WHEN is this girl going to show us the ACTUAL shower?’ Well, I think I’ve teased you long enough. I won’t make you wait much longer. Stop by tomorrow to see ALL of the details from our Breakfast at Tiffany’s bridal shower.
See ya then,