If you have been following my blog for a while you mostly likely know Sophia, my little star, well Sophia is getting a little sister and could not be more excited!
My Mom, Amy and I threw my expecting sister Holly a baby sprinkle. For those of you asking…what the heck is a baby sprinkle? Hahaha I had the same questions but its brilliant. For the first baby the Mom-to-be is “showered” with baby gifts and for the next baby there is a sprinkle, a lite get together and sprinkle of love to help the Mom-to-be prepare. I love to throw parties and was really excited to throw my sister Holly a brunch sprinkle. Having 12 amazing women for brunch and to sprinkle my sister with love? Yes please!! It was a great morning full of laughter (naturally with my crew) and love.
Before we get to the party, I wanted to share my projects. I really wanted to use as many things as I already had. I had the idea of rain clouds since it was a “sprinkle” and the craft projects started flowing from there. The baby’s room is purple, teal and green which just so happens to be some of my favorite colors so I had plenty of stuff to work with. 6 quick craft projects that took about 60-90 minutes to complete set this party off!!
- I am a photographer so just about every party I throw has some sort of photo project, I just can’t help myself. Since I have all of big sister Sophia birthday images I thought they would be fun to display along with a frame reserved for Camille, the new addition. I had the frames and prints already so I made up a graphic for Camille’s frame and put it all together. The frames worked perfectly with my cupcake display.
- Can’t have a sprinkle without the clouds right? I made “Baby Momma” punch which was non-alcoholic of course and had these cute cloud straws to go with it. I already had the straws and used computer paper 😉
- If it’s going to rain you better have an umbrella. Do you have things in your craft closet that you think I am never going to use that but imma keep it anyway? These umbrella are those items for me, I have no idea where the lace came from but I got the green one for my bridesmaids and this one had a little rip so they sent me a new one. Glad I was able to use it!! At the craft store I picked up matching ribbon and some baby blocks and rattles to dress them up a bit.
- Cupcake flags. I made a quick graphic, printed it on my home printer and used some scrap book paper to mount them. I almost made the cupcakes but saw these beauties at the store all covered in icing and screaming “this will save you time” and they were right…and delicious!
- Bun in the oven favor – this is such a simple and clever project. I had a few boxes left over from this project. I bought some sticky buns and made a tag that read “Thank you for celebrating Holly’s BUN in the oven. These made adorable little favors.
- You can’t have a sprinkle without clouds and sprinkles. I have great ceilings in my living room and every party I throw I am always trying to think of something fun to hang. I used white poms and rain drops that I cut out of glitter paper to create the rain storm. It was super cute. You can, and I have made poms out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners but I found these on the sale rack and through I would give the store ones a try. I paid $7 for 5 poms and would do it again in a heartbeat, these worked out great and saved a lot of time. I hung everything with clear fishing line.
On to the party…
The brunch was spot on! My sister Amy, Pampered Chef consultant and I came up with an amazing menu to serve up. We served bagels, croissants, had a waffles station, mini omelets and fresh fruit…all things I love. My next party might have to be a brunch repeat. 😉
I love this image. Cheryl was asking Sophia if she thinks a puppy is in there. Hahahahaha she was cracking up, which was causing us to crack up…it was so cute.
Told you this is the summer of babies, I spy with my little eye 3 new babies….can’t wait!!!
I also spy with my little eye, my Momma!
This is me getting soaked by all the sprinkle…hahahahaha I’m so goofy sometimes.
I always tell people my nieces and nephews are my toughest customers because they know all of my tricks. Well the first picture is me asking Sophes to take a nice picture and the second happened after her Mom whispered “Aunt Tiff has candy”
Hahahahahahahahahahaha….we just love this kid to pieces!!!
Xoxoxoxoxox Holly! I am so excited for you & Pete and I just can’t wait to meet Ms. Camille! Aunt Tiff is ready for her snuggle!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo