Chicken fajitas are one of my all time favorite meals! They are just so freakin’ delicious. I love everything about them. Their flavor, the way their must-have toppings make my house smell of caramelized onions and peppers. All the pretty fixins you wrap them up with! (Especially the guacamole… Mmm guacamole!) The way the fajita resembles a burrito but tastes like heaven in your mouth. Sorry, am I getting a little carried away? I can’t help it. I told you, fajitas are my FAY VOR IT!
(Makes about 6 large fajitas)**best if marinated overnight
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 tsp salt
- flour tortillas
- peppers & onions
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Slice chicken into strips
- In bowl (with lid) or ziplock bag, combine ingredients: oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, pepper & salt.
- Add chicken to mixture and let marinate for at least an hour. The longer the better. (I always let it marinate overnight)
- Slice peppers and onions and sauté them in oil on medium/low heat until caramelized and delicious.
- Place marinated chicken into skillet on med/high heat and cook thoroughly.
- Heat your tortillas if you’d like. (use package directions)
- Top your tortilla with chicken, add your peppers and onions and any or all delicious toppings you want.
I’m telling you these are sooooo good! You’ll be wishing there were leftovers, but there won’t be. They always go so fast. However, if there ARE leftovers I recommend using the extra chicken in a salad. Makes an amazing lunch the next day!!
Well, now I am craving some fajitas so I’m gonna’ get going. I have a marinade to make. You should go make yours too!! 😉