I’m Italian. I married an Italian. It seems only natural that I have a kick ass meatball recipe.
I have tried many-a meatball recipes and tweaked and tweaked until I came up with this one. In my opinion, it’s pretty close to perfect. When I make them for parties I always joke, it’s my secret recipe, and call me crazy, but today I’m gonna’ share it with you. Because you’re awesome and deserve delicious meatballs in your life.
(Makes about 25-30 meatballs)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- favorite pasta sauce
- Find the most adorable person in your house to help.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl except for ground beef, oil and sauce.
- Mix it together.
- Add beef and knead it together.
- Start rolling your meatballs. I like to use a tablespoon as a scoop.
- Place meatballs in a pan with oil on med heat.
- Brown slightly.
- Place browned meatballs into a pot of sauce.
- COVER and let simmer for an hour to an hour and a half, stirring occasionally. This cooks them the rest of the way and gets them all yummified.
- Dress them up with your favorite pasta. On a roll. Or in a bowl.
Looks so good, right? Well here’s a tip… they are melt in your mouth delicious and will be gone as soon as you turn to grab your garlic bread. Do yourself a favor and make a double (or triple) batch and freeze what you don’t eat. When you reheat, they are just as good as the day you rolled ’em.